Helm and Kustomize in Action: Crafting Your App Deployments on Kubernetes
Unlock the power of Kubernetes deployment management with Helm and Kustomize in this hands-on training! Helm is a package manager for Kubernetes that allows developers and operators to more easily package, configure, and deploy applications and services onto Kubernetes clusters. Whether you are a seasoned Kubernetes pro or just starting your journey, this training will equip you with the essential skills and practical experience to effectively manage and customize your Kubernetes application deployments. It’s time to take control of your Kubernetes deployments and optimise your workflow!
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes, Linux operating system, Command-line tools and Containers
- PC with modern browsers and a fast internet connection
What you will learn
1. Understanding Kubernetes Deployments
- Start with a brief overview of Kubernetes, containerization and the deployment landscape.
2. Kustomize - Tailoring Deployments to Your Needs
- Discover Kustomize, the Kubernetes native configuration management tool.
- Modify Kubernetes manifests without modifying the original YAML files.
- Develop strategies to manage configurations for different environments (dev, staging, prod).
3. Helm - The Kubernetes Package Manager
- Learn the basics of Helm and its role in simplifying application deployments.
- Explore Helm charts, templates, and package repositories.
- Create your custom Helm charts to package and version your applications effortlessly.
4. Best Practices for Helm and Kustomize
- Dive into best practices and patterns for creating Helm charts and Kustomize overlays.
- Version control and collaboration with Helm and Kustomize configurations.
- Handling secrets, config maps, and environment variables effectively.
5. Hands-On Labs
- Work through real-world scenarios to deploy, update, and manage applications using Helm and Kustomize.
- Customise deployments for various use cases and environments.
- Troubleshoot common deployment issues and errors.
Consultant / SRE / Trainer at Kubermatic
Koray joined Kubermatic as an SRE/Kubernetes Consultant to help companies with their cloud-native journey. Before that, he worked for startup and enterprise companies in advertising, banking, and telecom industries as SysAdmin, Application Admin, DevOps Engineer, and SRE for almost 20 years.
Training Conducted by
Kubermatic empowers organizations worldwide to fully automate their Kubernetes and cloud native operations across multi-cloud, edge and on-prem. As the #6 top committer to the Kubernetes project for over 3 years, Kubermatic develops enterprise-grade software solutions and provides professional services and support to safely navigate and accelerate the cloud native transformation. The Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform makes it easy to operate thousands of Kubernetes clusters on any infrastructure. Leading enterprises including Lufthansa, Bosch, Siemens, and T-Systems trust Kubermatic on their cloud native journey. The company is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. Find us at: www.kubermatic.com